In the 21st century jobs and businesses are now taking online, virtually everyone wants to utilize the online market to sell and market their products and services. There are a lot of opportunities and customers available online these days, from blogs, forums and social media.
Every day more people are searching for the services of website designers to help their businesses grow online. Hence, if you have this specific skill you are just on your way to making money online since the skill is now high in demand.
Just like you own a physical business where customers come daily to purchase items or rendering services to them, the same way applies online. Examples of online shops include eBay, Amazon, Alibaba etc. Apart from these stores one can still sell and market their products and services via Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp among many other social media platforms.
The way you own a shop physically, that’s the same way you can own a shop online, an online shop is where a marketer or a reseller can directly sell his or her products and services online and only pay for a token monthly or yearly for hosting and domain charges.
As a website designer, you will get the opportunity to meet different clients who need your services from a different perspective, the way you handle their project determines how you will be reviewed and paid. Basically, for you to be a certified internet webmaster, you need to learn or acquired website designing skills from a specialized set of people, organization or self-thought.
Why you should learn website design?
It pays a great dividend, the amount of money you make from designing each website depends on the type of project you execute and the bargain you will have with your clients. Most website design has an average cost of $500 per project
Scholarship opportunity, website design skill can lead you to a way of gaining a scholarship in Coursera, Udacity and Google, every year, these big tech companies organize website development competition and at the end of the competition, most outstanding performance go for a 4 year Nano degree programme in their respective field of study.
Badge and Reputation, learning a website design can give you an added advantage for bigger opportunities, for instance when you learn with IBM, you will be given a badge for each task completed and when you learn with Google, you will also be issued a certified badge. This also applies to other website learning schools.
Take note of the following for the best Online Schools
In this article, we have highlighted the 5 best online schools to learn website design. All the sites listed in this article both have FREE and PAID versions. Both the Free and Paid version gives the same knowledge, handouts, tutorials, and video transcripts, you only get to pay if you wish to be issued certificate at the end of the training.
Alright! Let’s take a look at the 5 best online schools to learn website design in 2021.
Tutorials Point which is one of the Best Online Schools for website design is an online IT study library that provides quality online education content for computer science students, information technology and other engineering-related courses; it is regarded as one of the best IT portals for learning almost any kind of programming language including the web language. The company specializes in IT and related software tops and other allied subjects.
Tutorials Point started way back in 2006 with a single online lecture on HTML, the crosses a milestone in June 2014 when it was named Tutorials Point as a Private Limited Company and started fully by employing techies to broaden its core objectives.
Tutorials Point is owned by Mohammed Mohtashim and is currently the CEO of the company. There are more than 10,000 online lectures to learn from different fields of study for FREE.
The company is outstanding when it comes to website design, because of its easy to navigate interface you do not necessarily need a physical coach to teach you how to navigate the website.
According to Alexa, the company has an estimated monthly visit of 40 million with 24 technology products and services which include HTML5, JQuery and Google Analytics, according to G2 stack.
Tutorials point has a bunch of professional tutors from India with diverse skills in IT-related fields ensuring that their readers get the best optimum services and skills need to drive the information technology world.
The company is headquartered in Telangana, India with its official website as https://tutorialspoint.com. Tutorials Point is funded by the founder of Tutorials Point and the display of advertisements published by the third-party website and corporate organizations, they also make money by selling eBooks. It is pertinent to know that you can learn website design in tutorials point without paying a dime, all lectures in tutorials points are free unless when you want one-on-one lectures or paid videos and eBooks that you will need to pay a token.
- Machine Learning
- Emerging technologies
- Web development
- Java Technologies
- Database Technologies
- Big Data and Analytics
- Microsoft Technologies
- Mobile App development
The company offers its resources for free, however, they are certain courses you will need to pay a fee to get access to the course. This fee usually ranges between ₹1,000.00 – ₹5,000.00.
Mode of Learning/Teaching
The mode of teaching on tutorials Point is through web-readable text, eBooks, videos transcript. You can also, download videos to access them offline any time from the comfort of your home.
Visit tutorials point to learn more about website design and development and acquire the right skills you need to beat your competitors in this competing world of technology. Indeed Tutorials Point is a great place to get started and regarded as one of the 5 best Online Schools to study.
Udemy is an American online education platform that offers tutorials from various fields of studies; it was founded by Eren Bali, Gagan Biyan, and Oktay Caglar in May 2010. The portal has more than 40 million students, with 183,000 courses available in the database and about 65,000 instructors teach different courses in 75 languages.
Udemy offers a great deal in website designing and other related courses. Some of the courses in Udemy is free and required no credit card details to get started.
Its mission is to create a world of possibilities where people and organizations from all around the globe will connect and acquire the right knowledge and skills they need to succeed in this changing world. The official website has thousands of new courses updated daily.
Millions of people from around the world learn from Udemy for expert courses, business and real-world data analytics. Udemy also offers her readers opportunities such as grants and scholarships to learn their paid courses for free and help them create amazing concepts to help learners create and host their own distributed content.
- Business – This is the area you learn the business concept, some of the courses available in this business section includes entrepreneurship, real estate development and investment, business law and more.
- Finance & Accounting – This is where you learn more about finance and accounting, courses available includes investing & trade, economics, taxes and more.
- IT & Software – this category teaches you IT related skills such as Hardware, IT certification, Network & security and more.
- Office Productivity – The Office productivity section teaches you how to use and manage office-related software’s, communication and document creation. Some of the courses available include Microsoft, Apple, Oracle etc.
- Personal Development – You will learn how to develop your own personal skills master and acquire the right skills you need to succeed
- Design – The design section is where you learn about website design, graphics, design thinking, 3D and animation.
- Marketing – You will learn more about marketing, how to sell products and services online, you will learn and master the insight of digital marketing.
- Lifestyle – the lifestyle section allows you to learn how to manage and run lifestyle activities such as writing, travelling, blogging and more.
- Photography & Video – This is where you learn more about photography and video editing, the section introduces you to tools required to be a professional video and photo editor professional.
- Health & Fitness – Nutrition, yoga, fitness are some of the skills you will learn from the health & fitness category
- Music – Thinking of mastering your music skills, the vocals, instrument, music technique, software usage and music production.
- Teaching & Academics – Take online courses in math, science, geography and history from experts and professionals in the teaching & Academics category.
Udemy offers both paid and free courses to students, the paid courses range between $10 -$500 depending on the course and the seller. Udemy prepares you for the path ahead in the software development opportunities; learning website design from Udemy can be as easy as you think. All you need is just a device and stable internet service.
Udacity is an American educational website that provides adequate professional tutorials that will propel you to master the right skills to succeed in the changing world. The company was founded by Sebastian Thrun in June 2011 in California, United States. Udacity is currently headed by Gabriel Dalporto who is now the Chief Executive Officer.
Udacity offers nano degree courses but is not an accredited university and also do not confer traditional degrees, the nano degree programs represent collaborations with industry partners like Google, Apple and Microsoft.
Udacity receives more than 30 million visits monthly with approximate 1.6 million registered users. The company offers one of the best and optimum and top-notch tutorials courses on the internet. You can enrol for website design training and just be on your way to becoming a certified webmaster and guru.
Match your goals to our programs, explore your options, and map out your path to success.
- SCHOOL OF Data Science – Become a data analyst by enrolling in the school of Data Science on Udemy with a recognized certification.
- SCHOOL OF Artificial Intelligence – Build smart machines capable of carrying out human activities by enrolling in the artificially intelligent program
- SCHOOL OF Programming – This is where you learn website designed, from novice to professional, you will be able to build responsive and dynamic websites from scratch, you can also learn other programming languages from this section.
- SCHOOL OF Autonomous Systems – Learn about network and internet protocol, acquire these skills and be certified worldwide
- SCHOOL OF Cloud Computing – Learn about cloud computing, and be on your way to becoming a certified data storage specialist.
- SCHOOL OF Business – Do you want to do a business and know about the strategies of doing business? Then, this is the right place to get started.
- SCHOOL OF Cybersecurity – Become a certified hacker by enrolling in Udacity cyber security courses and learn all the ethics of cyber security.
- • SCHOOL OF Product Management – Become a fully certified product manager and get recognition worldwide by acquiring product management certification.
There are free courses available on Udacity you can learn, you can also become a certified internet webmaster for free with Udacity, learn from basic to intermediate to advance without paying any money. However, there are still some courses that demand payment especially nano degree courses. Udacity paid courses ranges between $10 to $499.
LinkedIn Learning, formally known as Lynda is an American online open course provider that creates and delivers lectures videos and text to people to acquire the right skills they need to succeed.
LinkedIn was founded by Lynda Weinman, Bruce Heavin in California, United States and later acquired by Microsoft in 2017. The company courses fall into 3 categories, which include the Business, creative and Technology Categories.
Apart from LinkedIn learning, the website also offers a lot of opportunities where you can apply for jobs directly to recruiters companies, compose your one-time curriculum vitae and acquire badges from other related IT tutorials companies and display your LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn is also a social media platform, this means you can interact, explore opportunities and at the same time learn a new skill. Website design courses available on LinkedIn are top-notch, you can be a good website designer by enrolling in any of the Webmaster LinkedIn courses for Free or the Paid version and learn at your disposal.
- Business – The exquisite knowledge you need to begin a business, get info and insight on how to startup and empower your business goals.
- Creativity – You can become more creative and learn how to do design thinking and create resources for the emerging world of technology to propel you ahead of your career.
- Technology – This is where you learn website design, programming language and other related courses, you can enrol for a website design from this category.
LinkedIn premium courses cost $29.99 per month and $239.88 per year for job seekers (Premium Career) and applicants while $59.99 per month and $575.88 per year for businesses and entrepreneurs who want to gear the products and services to another level.
Coursera is one of the best online schools to learn website design, it is among the world-class online tutorials platform where learning is made easy, grants, scholarships and internships are given for the best and outstanding performance in their application programme.
Coursera was founded by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller in 2012, Stanford University. Over time the platform has distinguished itself from competitors becoming the world-class online learning environment for IT prospect, business and creative mind individuals.
Coursera works with other Universities to offers certification and degrees in various disciplines.
As t June 2020 the company has about 1200 staff with over 40 million visits monthly. Coursera is Free to study but will have to pay for degree and certified courses just like any other. You can learn website design for free with Coursera and get certified by enrolling in their scholarship or grant programme.
There are IT and Business courses available on Coursera to learn, you can also seize the opportunity to master other desired courses for free with Coursera and study at your convenience.
Acquiring the skills of website designing required consistency, determination and passion, once you have these three attributes, you will become who you really want to be.
Above is the list of the best online schools to learn website design and as you can see these schools have many other courses you can harness and empower your future and community with. There are tons of FREE courses to learn, you can choose from the multitude of choices that have been made available.
Leave a Reply