eNaira Merchant will pave the way to creating a passive income while you focus on your career – The eNaira is a digital currency initiated by the Central Bank of Nigeria and approved by the Federal Government to help improve the monetary value, the currency will be using a medium of exchange and will be generally acceptable in the world.
In this article, I will state the laydown procedures on how to become an eNaira Merchant and start making money. The eNaira will only be allowed to be distributed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, commercial banks, and eNaira merchants.
This will be an opportunity for those who are unemployed and want to create a business for themselves. Just the Point of Sale (POS) business we have today, that the mode of operation, the eNaira merchant will carry out transactions but in a digital format.
We have also written down an in-depth article about the eNaira Official website and what to expect, we encourage you to read the article to understand how the eNaira works and things you should take note of when it is finally launched.
How to Become an eNaira Merchant in Nigeria
To become an eNaira merchant, you have to go to your bank and talk to the customer care service and request the eNaira merchant application form which will attract zero charges. The form will be provided and you are expected to provide all the necessary information to qualify you to become a fully approved eNaira Merchant.
Who is an eNaira Merchant?
A Merchant is a person to whom some or all aspects of the postal outlet have been delegated
by a higher merchant, e.g. the Commercial Bank.
eNaira Application and Approval Requirement
Any financial institution that wishes to engage in eNaira merchant shall submit an application for approval to the CBN. The application shall clearly state the extent of the merchant activities and responsibilities of the relevant parties.
The application shall be submitted to the Office of the Director, Banking & Payments System
Department, CBN, Abuja. All applicants shall supply information to the CBN as may be required from time to time.
Information required by the CBN to become a licensed eNaira Merchant shall include:
- Name of the applicant
- Postal Address/email
- Business Address
- Telephone number
- Company Registration Number/certificate
- Bank Verification Number
- Know Your Customer (KYC) information
Activities to be carried out by the eNaira Merchant
- eNaira deposit and transfer
- Bills payment (utilities, taxes, tenement rates, subscription, etc.).
- Payment of salaries.
- Balance inquiry.
- Generation and issuance of the mini statement.
- Agent mobile payments/banking services
- Repayment of loans.
- Collection of bank mail/correspondence for customers.
- Any other activity as the CBN may from time to time prescribe.
What you should know about the Digital Currency
- In August, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) announced that Bitt Inc., an international fintech firm, has been appointed as the Technical Partner for its digital currency, dubbed eNaira, which would be presented later this year.
- Bitt Inc is a financial technology business that uses blockchain and distributed ledger technology to enable safe peer-to-peer transactions with seamless mobile money across Bitt’s software and mobile apps.
- The Central Bank of Nigeria has stated that the e-naira which will be launched on October 1, is a legal tender equal to the naira and must be accepted as a form of payment by all merchants and business establishments.
- For more information visit the official website here. https://enaira.com/
If you have more information, suggestion, opinion regarding this article, please write to us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we would give you a reply in a jiffy.
Source: eNaira Merchant – SearchNGR